cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Approximate Curve in a Skeleton Model?

lkerila
1-Newbie

Approximate Curve in a Skeleton Model?

I can't seem to create an approximate curve in my skeleton model. Is this a limitation imposed by PTC? Any suggestions of how to work around this?

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3

My IT has me stuck in WF3, but no problems with the approximate. Are you doing a copy paste approx or sketching a curve and converting to spline? Either way, I would look at your curve segments to see if there is a break in tangency somewhere.

Patrick Fariello

I'm trying to do this by copying several cuves and pasting as a single approximate curve (selection filter on geometry/copy items/paste items/choose approximate). I can do it no problem in a non-skeleton model.

What's the other technique you refer to?

Cheers!

The other way if you only need a 2D curve is to create the approx curve is sketch mode. Highlight the sketched segments, edit>convert to > spline.

I am still guess that your curves have a break in tangency somewhere. If your curves are not at least tangent the appox curve is not an option.

A few tests,

1. Can you select just one of the curve segments, ctrl+C, ctrl+v, choose approx?
2. Step this thru by added one more segment at a time to find where the non tangency or break is?

Patrick Fariello
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags