cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Eliminate Pro-Program Prompts

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Eliminate Pro-Program Prompts

WF4, unfortunately

I have two gear based parts that have pro-program input sections in them to define the gear teeth.  These are molded parts and now tooled, but every time I regen the assy they prompt me for new values.  I'd like to remove the prompts but I'm not familiar with pro-program.  What do I need to do to eliminate them?

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgschaefer)

Just delete anything between INPUT and END INPUT near the top of the Pro/PROGRAM statement (Tools -> Program -> Edit Design). This will stop it from prompting you for new parameter values. See the help documentation for more info (Functional Areas -> Fundamentals -> Program -> Editing a Design -> Input Parameters and Prompts).

Tom U.

Tools/Progam/Edit Program (to change) or Show Program (to view only)

I believe they are statement groups bounded by INPUT and END INPUT that gather data. Just delete them or comment them out using "/*"

Also, I believe you can define a parameter and use it in an IF/END IF block in the input section to allow controlling for prompting. For example:

INPUT

IF RUN_PROGRAM == TRUE

parameters for input

ENDIF

END INPUT

Yes, the "switch" described by David is probably the very best choice for a few reasons.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags