cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to remove lines when using boundary blends

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor

How to remove lines when using boundary blends

I have created a channel using boundary blend command. For this purpose I used two longitudinal curves and seven sections as shown bellow. The starting section is circle and the last one is almost rectangular.

port_frame_in2.PNG

When I use boundary blend command to create channel, lots of lines were appeared on the quilt( see figure bellow). Does anyone know how I can remove them?

port_in2_2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

There is a couple of things you can do to minimized the "segments" but the joining "seams" will always remain.

In boundary blend, you can control which points are jointed to the next section. If boundary blend decides without guidance, you may end up with lots of little segments. If You wish to manage them, use the options to specify specifically which end joins to which other end.

It is a bit of work and it seems somewhat burdensome in the UI, but the result may actually result in a better surface.

If nothing else, you become more aware of how you wish to distribute the surface from one section to the next.

Antonius

Could you explain how I can manage joining points?

There are several ways... One is to ensure each sketch has the same number of elements (favors piece-2-piece option); next you associate the point-to-point connectivity in the boundary blend option; you can try sweep/blend instead which is more suited to doing the first 2... and you can add point on the fly while in the boundary blend feature to add more control.

boundary_blend_points.PNG

Fast fix tryouts:

Try to piece-to-piece option - or - copy/paste special your curves to approximate before doing boundary blend.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags