cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to set the default cell alignment within a table

cying
10-Marble

How to set the default cell alignment within a table

I am using Creo/ELEMENT AKA WF5.

I know in the past we can set the default text justification and test height to table cells.  When you add a new row to the table, the justification and text height remain the same.  Has this functionality been taken away? 

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cying)

Formatting a cell will automatically add a single space character to it in order to apply the formatting to actual text.  Cells with nothing in them (ex. using 'delete contents') will not contain any formatting.  New rows/columns added to the table will not have any of the Creo default formatting and cannot be pre-configured differently.  It's been this way since at least Wildfire 1 (circa 2003).  Not sure about prior to that...

If you have maintenance, please consider voting up these product ideas:

Drawing Table Format

Text Styles and Drawing Tables - Worth your vote!!!

cying
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

Tom,

I believe prior to Wildfire when we use to get the TABLE MENU where we can set the default justification and text height for new cells.  From what I have found so far this is no longer a ProE functionality.  I followed the link and voted, but with my vote it was only at 13 since 2012 so this does not look too hopeful at this time lol.

Thanks!

Calvin

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You're not going to believe this, but the menu manager is still available!!!  To access it, create a mapkey with the #TABLE command:

mapkey table #TABLE;

table.PNG

I've just confirmed that applying justification to the table is kept when new rows or columns are added. 

I have not been able to find the commands that control text size or font. 

cying
10-Marble

Neat!  I don't think this is available in Creo/Element.  I know that was a feature when they first move to Wildfire.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Not just Creo Elements/Pro (aka. Wildfire 5), but even still in Creo 3!  This really goes to show that the core code from the original Pro/Engineer is still very much alive underneath all the new interfaces of the last 12+ years.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

The same result (in Creo 2 & Creo 3) can be achieved by selecting the column, right click and select text style in the pop up menu.  Any alignment changes you make there will stick and be implemented in new rows.  Font changes do not seem to stick, however.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dgschaefer)

Sure enough, look at that!  Now if we could just figure out a way to get the font to stick...

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags