cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Template Directory default in Configuration Editor

ptc-2513036
1-Newbie

Template Directory default in Configuration Editor

I can assign a default template with template_drawing and I can assign a default open location with File_open_default_folder but it has limited options that do not inlcude Windchill. Seems like there should be an option for this same as formats (pro_formats_dir). I want to avoid our users having to browse to a location every time they need to use a different template than the default. How do I assign a default Directory for template locations in Configuation Editor?

3 REPLIES 3
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-2513036)

Try assigning the option value : wtpub://servername/Libraries/libraryname

I use this kind of path for pro_format_dir and start_model_dir options.

Appreciate the suggestion but I had already tried this. template_drawing expects a default file selection. It does not work like the pro_format_dir option.

SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-2513036)

I tried to add the config option template_drawing to my config.pro and it works even with windchill templates...

I just had to set this option value to template-a1_rect.drw which is one of our drawing templates.

I also have the ability to browse windchill to find the templates. Then Pro/E adds itself the value wtpub://Servername/Librarypath/template-a1_rect.drw

Isn't it what you wish to do?

How do I assign a default Directory for template locations in Configuation Editor?

This is the start_model_dir option.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags