cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

behavior of sketcher text font?

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

behavior of sketcher text font?

font.jpg

is this is how the sketcher text font should appear?....the numbers are not equal in length..and one is below the other.

5 REPLIES 5

Unless there is something wrong with the font interpreter, there isn't anything inherently wrong with this result. A lot of font design involves small tweaks to the font, including extensions below the baseline. This particular tweak to a digit isn't familiar to me, and I wonder what the font designer was thinking.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

its a sanserif bold font.

this behavior is very annoying..as the numbers are of different length and they are not symmetric also.

Which font/typeface? I've read numerous blogs and articles on fonts and my only recommendation is to keep looking for one you like. There are too many characteristics to easily catalog and find one that matches a rough description.

Check http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/font/T1_SPEC.PDF for a start on font definition and PostScript fonts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, especially the references if you can stand even more.

I'm sure there are dozens of websites with font design experts.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

thanks for your assistance...

I have to go with the font as it is what the customer wants.

If you look at the Adobe Type 1 spec, page 24 (page 30 of the PDF), you will see an example of what you are seeing in the drawing. The spec is the first document I included a link to.

"The baseline overshoot position is the minimum y coordinate

just below the baseline that round parts of characters at the

baseline reach. A value of -15 is typical. Note that curved characters

typically extend slightly below the baseline; as a result

this value is typically negative."

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags