cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

creating a cylindrical coordinate system...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

creating a cylindrical coordinate system...

Is it possible to create acylindrical coordinate system in WF4? I only see how I can create a cartesean coordinate system using an OFFSET definedin cyclindrical terms(r, theata, z) but NOT how to create a cylindrical coordinate system.Searches of theHelp CD and these forumsdid not help. Inthe forums I found severalduplicates of this question (all being answered incorrectly with "set the offesttype box to cylindrical"), but no answers that actually produce a cylindrical coordinate system.

The reason Iwant a cylindrical coordinate system is that I have an analysis I am trying tocomplete withPro/Mechanica and in it, there isa radial load that I would like to apply. I am assuming that if I apply a load with itreferenced to a cylindrical coordinate system it will allow me to define an appropriate direction vector to produce the desired radial loading. I will also be posting this up the CAE forum...

thanks...

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Paul,

I think you can only create a cylindrical CSYS within Mechanica - in the
creation dialogue box, there is a drop-down for Cartesian or
Cylindrical.

HTH,

Jonathan

dgallup
4-Participant
(To:pdkoren)

In Pro/E all coordinate systems are "universal". They can be used as cartesian, cylindrical or spherical as needed by what ever feature(s) reference them. Fo example, if you want to make a datum curve by equation you pick a csys and within the dialog box can toggle the csys type to what you want. Thus one csys can be used as multiple types at once if you want. I don't know how you specify the type in Mechanica.

In Reply to Paul Korenkiewicz:

Is it possible to create acylindrical coordinate system in WF4? I only see how I can create a cartesean coordinate system using an OFFSET definedin cyclindrical terms(r, theata, z) but NOT how to create a cylindrical coordinate system.Searches of theHelp CD and these forumsdid not help. Inthe forums I found severalduplicates of this question (all being answered incorrectly with "set the offesttype box to cylindrical"), but no answers that actually produce a cylindrical coordinate system.

The reason Iwant a cylindrical coordinate system is that I have an analysis I am trying tocomplete withPro/Mechanica and in it, there isa radial load that I would like to apply. I am assuming that if I apply a load with itreferenced to a cylindrical coordinate system it will allow me to define an appropriate direction vector to produce the desired radial loading. I will also be posting this up the CAE forum...

thanks...

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags