cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Associate old parts and drawings with WTparts. Version question

jhall2
6-Contributor

Associate old parts and drawings with WTparts. Version question

Greetings all.

My company used Windchill 9.1 and Pro-E (various versions) for some years and did not associate the WTParts with the drawings and models.

Now we have upgraded to Windchill 10.2 and Creo 2.0. We are now associating (via ECN) the Creo parts with their WTPart (as Owner). Since in the past the Creo parts were never released, they all set at A.1 (or whatever iteration). The WTParts have been ECN'd and such over the years and may be at many different levels.

I have taken the position that when we ECN a group of WTParts and associate their corresponding Creo parts all the versions of the resulting objects should be set to the same, namely the highest version of the WTPart. Therefore:

unreleased Creo Model A.1 goes to released D.1 and is associated as Owner to the WTPart.

unreleased Creo DRW A.1 goes to released D.1

released WTPart C.6 goes to released and associated D.1

The idea is, as we go forward, we align the Creo objects with their WTParts that they are associated with. This seems to be very easy to do during the ECN process.

I am curious, is this best practice? Since the Creo Models and Drawings were never associated before, will this cause any problems? Would there be any reason to leave the versions all over the place, as they are now?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags