cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CREO 7 /EMX 13 - Create a button to fill QTY in correspondent Part Parameter

BF_10197348
4-Participant

CREO 7 /EMX 13 - Create a button to fill QTY in correspondent Part Parameter

Dear all, 

Currently I do make BOM by using a templated table in 2D environment. The quantity parameter is working just fine because this method counts how many parts of each do exist in the assembly.  However I also need the quantity in my individual part drawings and my struggle comes from this need. 

To tackle this issue I tryed to use the EMX BOM but is not suitable since I need to change a lot of parameters manually and everytime I update the BOM, most of them change automatically to the original ones. However the filling of the individual quantity parameter works just fine. 

My question is: Is there a possiblity to create a button to fill and update the individual part quantity parameter, only, in order to appear in the individual part 2D drawing?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
tschneyer
6-Contributor
(To:BF_10197348)

Hello,

when using EMX out of the box the parameter setting looks like that. QTY has "Belongs To" defined as COMP.

This means it is a Component parameter. This makes totally sense, because a Quantity makes actually only sense in the assembly context.

Think it differently you can have a part in to different assembly with a differnet qty. This can only be achieved if the QTY is a component parameter.

And this is the reason why you will not find it one the drawing. A drawing only works with part parameters.

tschneyer_0-1708530762478.png

However, you can try out to add a new parameter line with mabye the name QTY_PRT and set the "Belongs to" to PART. Important: In the last column you have to select the default value rule &qty as well. What happens now is that the &qty rule will also be written to the part.

tschneyer_1-1708531490960.png

But: You have to be aware that in case you will work on another assembly/project  and you use same parts (With equal names) the part parameter value  could be changed.

It is a typical problem: Same happens with a position ID. This is also a value which can be different in assemblies, but people need it on the part.

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags