cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Create Annotations in j-link

joe_c
12-Amethyst

Create Annotations in j-link

Has anyone able to create annotations in j-link, or weblink? we're looking for a simple way to convert all the drawing dimensions into annotations so we can use anark to print 3D models.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hi Jose -

I just did a quick check of JLink documentation for Creo Parametric 3.0, and I did not find any of the 3D annotation functionality available for the Creo Parametric (C) Toolkit.

If PTC has already implemented this functionality in Java, I would expect to find it OTK Java, not JLink. PTC charges license fee to use 3D annotation functions in addition to the license fee for Creo Parametric Toolkit. Since JLink has no license fee, it would be very bad for PTC's business to add 3D annotation to JLink.

If you have a lot of time, patience and skill available, you could write a task-based DLL in C and call that from your Java application. You would, of course, also need licenses for Creo Parametric Toolkit and Toolkit for 3D Drawings.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Top Tags