cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Description from Drawing to Windchill

jtorres
5-Regular Member

Description from Drawing to Windchill

When I need to pass the parameter description from Drawing to PTC_COMMON_NAME of Windchill 12.1.2.0 thre are two ways depend if thre is a part or assembly in the model of drawing:  PTC_COMMON_NAME:D= PTC_COMMON_NAME:0 for Part and  PTC_COMMON_NAME:D= PTC_COMMON_NAME:1 for Assembly.

There are any condition for to know if is a part or assembly in the program after upload to Windchill?

Thanks.

P.D. I work in Creo 9.0.3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, I think you can simply add this line to the drawing program of your template drawing:

PTC_COMMON_NAME:D = PTC_COMMON_NAME:MDL

Then upon adding the 1st model to the drawing, the line will be revised and the "MDL" will be replaced by the session ID of the model.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:jtorres)

I don't know if this answers your question, but when you're looking at session IDs, if the number is odd, it's an assembly. If the session ID is an even number, it's a part.

jtorres
5-Regular Member
(To:KenFarley)

Yes, but I need is for the program to see what the model is and depending on this, set the parameter 0 or 1.

Well, I think you can simply add this line to the drawing program of your template drawing:

PTC_COMMON_NAME:D = PTC_COMMON_NAME:MDL

Then upon adding the 1st model to the drawing, the line will be revised and the "MDL" will be replaced by the session ID of the model.

jtorres
5-Regular Member
(To:pausob)

Yes, working. 

Thank you, very much.

I did want to add that changing the PTC_COMMON_NAME from a relation or program only works for *NEW* objects.  Once uploaded into Windchill, that parameter becomes locked for the object.

So in this case, another user will likely see an error pop up in their Creo message log when they open such drawing (error which can be ignored, but just FYI)

Top Tags