cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Does the customization on creo 3 works on creo 2?

ptc-6260094
1-Newbie

Does the customization on creo 3 works on creo 2?

Hello, im trying to compile a customization made on creo 3 in creo 2 but im not getting it to work. It doesnt compile, seems to be internal functions that are not in creo 2.

In creo 3 it works perfectly!

Thank you guys!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the customization works but there are some functions and properties that are modified from Creo 2 to Creo 3.

So we have to map the old and new functions listed in the release notes.

Some I could find in the document and some I couldnt.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

We are still using Creo 2, so I'm not entirely familiar with what's required for Creo 3 but in a situation like yours there are a couple of things I'd check first:

API's and functions introduced in Creo 3. Usually those are listed in release notes file that is located on the protoolkit directory. If any of the new functions listed there are used in the application that you are trying to compile it's not going to work.

The compiler version and options. This is less likely to be the case but in the past I've seen situations when changing the version of Visual C I had to tweek the compiler settings and directives.

Yes, the customization works but there are some functions and properties that are modified from Creo 2 to Creo 3.

So we have to map the old and new functions listed in the release notes.

Some I could find in the document and some I couldnt.

Top Tags