cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How do add new ModelItems to Model? Creo Parametric TOOLKIT / Object Toolkit

IR_10865152
2-Guest

How do add new ModelItems to Model? Creo Parametric TOOLKIT / Object Toolkit

Hello everyone, I'm new to Creo and I am trying to figure out how to add objects to a Model.

I tried to create a new Part file and add some 3D points (as an example) but I cannot see them in a Window. Also, the number of ModelItems didn't change. 

Could you tell me, please, how to add new ModelItems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:IR_10865152)

If I understand the documentation, this will just init a 3D point struct, nothing more. You need to create a feature, or place an UDF to create new model items. Expect 2 lines more, of code 😀

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:IR_10865152)

If I understand the documentation, this will just init a 3D point struct, nothing more. You need to create a feature, or place an UDF to create new model items. Expect 2 lines more, of code 😀

bobrikula
1-Newbie
(To:RPN)

RPN thank you for the answer.
Actually, it was not just 2 lines of code ( I needed to create a feature tree), but I managed to do it! 🙂 

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:bobrikula)

• Ok, that is good to know, personally I would exclude the feature tree code, because you rebuild the complexity in your code, and you loose flexibility. If you use an UDF, you have only to manage the location and a couple of variables. But this are only my 2 Cents 😉s
Top Tags