cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is it possible to use an external api in CREO to modify plans?

JT_10980761
4-Participant

Is it possible to use an external api in CREO to modify plans?

Currently I have implemented a solution that uses an API provided by AutoCad, which allows to execute it from the named application through a command, and whose objective is to read the code of the design that is being drawn and search for the necessary parameters in an Oracle database and embed this information in the drawing.
From the use of the design software 'PTC - Creo', I seek to perform an analysis of the documentation given by the official services of the software to define the possibility of implementing a new App in the technology that is deemed appropriate to perform the same action as in AutoCad.

3 REPLIES 3

Do you want to use AutoCAD API from Creo addin?

what I need is a plugin for Creo, I need to know how to create it, integrate it to Creo and execute it.

HannesBuxbaum
5-Regular Member
(To:JT_10980761)

Creo offers APIs for C, C++, Java, VB(A) (COM), JavaScript with different degrees in functionality and ease of use.
Start with small infos here:
    https://community.ptc.com/t5/Customization/PTC-Creo-API/m-p/928197

Go on to a deep dive here:

[Knowledge Hub] Compiler and platform support information for Creo Parametric TOOLKIT, Object TOOLKIT C++ and VB API
    https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS44547

Consult the API documentation/guides for detailed functionality.

The key questions are:

• Is your data in question automatable/accessable by any API? (interpreting/doing OCR for drawing items is hard/only for AI)
    • Can your source files be opened/read by Creo and the API? (There is some sort of multi-CAD format support.)
  • Do you have the resources to do it (time to setup developer environment/learn/code, money, e.g. for a C/C++ TOOLKIT licence)?
Top Tags