cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Layer symbols

Hongjie
4-Participant

Layer symbols

Hi,

can you please tell me what means for following black blocked symbo which likes a red corss + red dotted line + white A with black backgroud? I can not find answer in my WF4 help center.

Best regards, Hongjie

Layer symbos_red cross.pngi c

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Hongjie...

It's been awhile since we've seen you! I hope you're doing well.

I think those symbols just mean "datum". It's a bit strange because I see a different symbol for AXIS in my layer tree although I am using Wildfire 5, not WF4 as you are. However, in my Drawing Tree which is new in Wildfire 5, I do see the same symbol. It's just used as a marker for all datums. You can see the same symbol in my drawing tree below...

drawing_tree.png

Maybe in WF4 it's used for a datum created using an axis point- or created through an extruded arc? I'm just guessing because I don't know for sure. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I think it's just a helpful graphic.

Thanks! Good to see you here again!

-Brian

Hongjie
4-Participant
(To:BrianMartin)

Hi Brian,

I am good, thank you for help!

I am busying for our tractor improvement now, all is OK just the weathe is really hot in Shanghai.

I created a test model and found all axis which is made by feature itself or by me all shows the stanger symbol. it looks like my office configuration decide the symbol and it is too deep for me to read the config.

I agree it is not worth to spend time on it.

I upload the test model (WF4.0) for fun.

Best regards, Hongjie

axes_sym.gif

Top Tags