cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

OTK Java Free vs Java OTK toolkit license in Creo 4.0

bdp_garage
3-Visitor

OTK Java Free vs Java OTK toolkit license in Creo 4.0

Hello,

I'm having some trouble understanding which programming tools for Creo Parametric are free and which require licensing.

When I open the "ReadMe.txt" file in the otk_java_free folder in my Creo Parametric installation, the is a note about downloading the user guide:

--

otk_java_free User's Guide
-------------------
Please refer to the PTC Creo Object TOOLKIT Java User's Guide.
The User's Guide is available in a PDF format. This file is located at:

<creo_loadpoint>/Common Files/otk_java_doc/otk_javaug.pdf

--

When I open that document, the title is "Creo Object TOOLKIT Java" user guide and it includes a big section about licensing and needing a Creo Object Toolkit license. When I try to load the sample "InstallTest" sample I get an error trying to load it.

I do NOT have a OTK Toolkit license but I do have a Creo Parametric License. Can anyone explain is this sample SHOULD be able to run on my system and maybe point me to a resource to get it running? I have the Java JRE kit installed but to not have the JDK installed as it seems to require an Oracle license to download now.

Appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction. I'm done a bunch of C++ windows programming so I have at least some experience in writing software.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags