cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Problem exporting DXF causes Importing file as a picture. Why?

RD_10904619
3-Visitor

Problem exporting DXF causes Importing file as a picture. Why?

Hello all,

I am a fairly new user to Creo, so bare with me with some of the terminology, but I am having an issue with exporting a 2D sketch in Creo. When I export the file (shown in the pictures attached) and import it back into Creo the file shows up blank with only a picture of the DXF file that I was trying to make. I have tried importing the DXF on SolidWorks as well and this also results to the same issue. Does anyone know why this happening? Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:RD_10904619)

I don't know how you have done the export or import.
I have created a video to show you one way of how it can be done.
There is an option to exclude the paper rectangle in the export but I don't remember at the moment how that was done again.

You can watch the video <here>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:RD_10904619)

I don't know how you have done the export or import.
I have created a video to show you one way of how it can be done.
There is an option to exclude the paper rectangle in the export but I don't remember at the moment how that was done again.

You can watch the video <here>

JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:JB_87049)

The paper outline (rectangle) can be excluded by following this procedure.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS324575 

Thanks for your help @JB_87049! While watching your video, I see that you exported your DXF file differently than how I was doing it. Placing the file into a drawing>save as> "Export" did the trick as shown in your video at minute 1:50, then clicking on "DXF". Originally I was doing a save as in the part file and changing the file type to DXF. For some reason the default option on my computer was making a PDF inside the DXF (which probably explains the picture that I was getting when importing the file back into Creo. Thank you for your time and appreciate the assist!

Top Tags