cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Simulate fastener questions...CSV columns and edge references.

jellis-2
4-Participant

Simulate fastener questions...CSV columns and edge references.

I am having some issues with fasteners not producing expected results, I am getting fasteners showing compression when there is undoubtedly a tensile load on them.  I am trying to track down what the issue is, I ran the exact analysis a month ago with out any problems.  After a run I open up the CSV file so I can filter desired results and I am wondering what the columns C, D, and E represent in the file.  Colum B is obviously the load or stress applied to the fastener and I think column D has something to do with the thickness of the bolted joint but I have noticed that it is dependent on which side was chosen first when defining the fastener.  I have a 3/4" plate on top of a 1" plate bolted and it looks like if I choose the 1" plate as the first reference it shows a -I in column D and if I choose the 3/4" plate first it shows 0.75 in column D.

To simplify the questions are....

1. What is the meaning of columns C, D, and E in the CSV output file with regards to fasteners?

2. Column D looks like it is showing the thickness of the second reference for the bolted connection along with its orientation (+/-), is this correct?

3. Does it make any difference which reference was used first which using a bolted (not screw) connection with the fastener tool?

Thanks in advance...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags