cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Toolkit removing old parameters

ebeattie
4-Participant

Toolkit removing old parameters

Updating some old toolkit and getting "CmdMgr action_func '' called for cmd" in the trail file. Trying to remove old parameters and it is not working but gives no error. Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Earl -

I checked my Creo 3.0 trail files to see whether I had any messages like yours, and I found plenty.

Updating some old toolkit and getting "CmdMgr action_func '' called for cmd" in the trail file.

My tools were producing these messages each time I clicked one of the program's menu buttons. Clicking on a menu button invokes an event handler that Creo Parametric Toolkit calls an "action function". To bind these functions to the menu button, you must first create "command" (uiCmdCmdId) using ProCmdActionAdd.

Here's how I would address this problem:

1. Check your code for a call to ProCmdActionAdd using the string "cmd" as the action name (first argument).
  2. Get the action function (second argument) from that same call to ProCmdActionAdd
  3. Put a break point in the action function and attach the debugger.
  4. Step through the code in the debugger until you find the unexpected behavior.

I hope this helps.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

ebeattie
4-Participant
(To:MarkStallard)

Thanks Mark,  I will work on this.

Top Tags