cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unable to create/access Process plan assembly in Creo

btheobald
1-Newbie

Unable to create/access Process plan assembly in Creo

Apologies for the silly question, but is the Process plan (Pro-Process) an add on module to be purchased separately with the application? I attempt to access via File-> New-> assembly (Type)-> Process plan (Sub-type). Nothing happens. I notice there's also Process plan (Sub type) in the Manufacturing (Type menu). Neither options are 'ghosted out' and I'm not getting a prompt stating the module is not available.Is there a configuration setting that needs to be activated?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:btheobald)

If you go to File - Help - System Information. Look for PROCESS_ASM. To see if the option is available on your current license.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Pretty sure it requires AAX (advanced assembly extension) which is part of many of the higher Creo packages, but not part of Foundation.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you go to File - Help - System Information. Look for PROCESS_ASM. To see if the option is available on your current license.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Also, check you message window, If you don't have the option, it should tell you when you try to create the assembly.

Stephen,

Thanks for your response. It appears that we have a mix of Licenses available to the office. Some have access to Flex3C (Process assemblies available) and others the Pro-E Foundation Adv (no access). However, with the later 'a module not available prompt does not appear' at the bottom of the screen - hence the initial  confusion.

I'll talk to our CAD support team.

Thanks again.

Bob

If you multiple licenses, it's a good idea to manage how they are presented to users (via .psf files).  Can do something like shown in attached for example.

Top Tags