cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

full asynchronous mode stuck in Creo start

元杨_10712694
4-Participant

full asynchronous mode stuck in Creo start

Does anyone know why creo hangs when I'm using  full asynchronous mode example (Creo Object Toolkit C++)? I choose to start creo with graphic-display in full asynchronous mode.I have tried different solution like check the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE Path.But I'm not sure if the PRO_DIRECTORY is in Common_Files location.Hope somebody help me with this dilemma.Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:YaroslavSin)

No this is not required, but in Full Asynchronous Mode, you should have created some callback Menus in Creo during you Init, after connection or after starting Creo.

In Asynchronous Mode, you should have an event loop, and call ProEventProcess.

If you call ProAsynchronousEventLoop the call may not return, until you don‘t interrupt this loop, the return may not needed if you have your own Menue Callbacks.

For PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE take care of blanks in the path, but if Creo is already started, this is probably not an issues any longer. You find the path after starting Creo and search for it in the Task Manager, just take this full path.

Please read carefully the notes in the TOOLKIT User Guide.

In Creo you have :

1. Synchronous Mode (use the Creo Event Loop)
  2. Simple Asynchronous Mode (you need an event loop, if you need actions from time to time)
  3. Full Asynchronous Mode ( you have Menu Callbacks )

In Asynchronous Mode you may need ProEventProcess to push the execution of your calls. If you connect, do your task and disconnect, this may not required before each function call. Don’t forget you can run/connect to Creo on a complete other Workstation. But for sure you have the communication overhead.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

search ptc\<creo version> directory for 'pro_comm_msg.exe'. point your system evironment variable to the directory of the found file

元杨_10712694
4-Participant
(To:FV)

I have tried to check the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE Path.It didn't work.Creo Session started by full asynchronous mode still "No response".

元杨_10712694
4-Participant

I have tried to check the PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE Path.It didn't work.Creo Session started by full asynchronous mode still "No response".

check your windows firewall rules registry settings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules

search the hive for pro_comm_msg.exe

should have this in its data string: Action=Allow|Active=TRUE|Dir=In|Profile=Domain

元杨_10712694
4-Participant

Mine registry file value contains"Action=Allow|Active=TRUE|Dir=In|Protocol=6|Profile=Public" 

Does it matters?

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:YaroslavSin)

No this is not required, but in Full Asynchronous Mode, you should have created some callback Menus in Creo during you Init, after connection or after starting Creo.

In Asynchronous Mode, you should have an event loop, and call ProEventProcess.

If you call ProAsynchronousEventLoop the call may not return, until you don‘t interrupt this loop, the return may not needed if you have your own Menue Callbacks.

For PRO_COMM_MSG_EXE take care of blanks in the path, but if Creo is already started, this is probably not an issues any longer. You find the path after starting Creo and search for it in the Task Manager, just take this full path.

Please read carefully the notes in the TOOLKIT User Guide.

In Creo you have :

1. Synchronous Mode (use the Creo Event Loop)
  2. Simple Asynchronous Mode (you need an event loop, if you need actions from time to time)
  3. Full Asynchronous Mode ( you have Menu Callbacks )

In Asynchronous Mode you may need ProEventProcess to push the execution of your calls. If you connect, do your task and disconnect, this may not required before each function call. Don’t forget you can run/connect to Creo on a complete other Workstation. But for sure you have the communication overhead.

Top Tags