cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Many sheets - drawing to pdf

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Many sheets - drawing to pdf

Greetings,

I am on Creo 6.

I have 128 sheets in my drawing. I attempt to create a pdf and it freezes. There are some sheets with graphics, but most are boms.

Any tips on getting this to work - or am I at the limitations of Creo?

Thanks,

WayneF

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:wfalco)

What messages are you getting when it fails?

Is the Cad working timing out on publishing the drawings?

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

No message. Just hangs. I had it going for hours the other day. I killed it.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

In the WVS Job Monitor, what does the Job log show?

What is your wt.properties setting for publish.cadtimeout.drawing?

What is your wvs.properties setting for publish.cadagenttimeout?

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Oh my Ben. I am not sure where to find most of this.

wfalco
15-Moonstone

I was just thinking. I remember in the past (the real past) - we used something called "quality zero" to print. I think to speed up printing. They may resolve this? Maybe a config option?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Open a Windchill shell and use xconfmanager with the -d option to display your current settings for publish.cadtimeout.drawing and publish.cadagenttimeout.

One other thing I thought of, we have trouble with some drawings, not in the PDF generation but in the thumbnail generation. In the Site Utilities, select Publish and Thumbnail control and turn off thumbnail generation for that specific drawing. We had many drawings crash the publisher due to excessive time and when we turned off the thumbnail generation, they publish with no issues.

wfalco
15-Moonstone

I used File Print instead of File Export. I was able to set the quality to zero. It took 2 hours - but it finished. This is not going to be a print process I will require on a regular basis. I am basically printing off a giant bom of several assemblies just for record. So I may be ok with this method?

Top Tags