cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

PASTE_FROM_CLIPBOARD

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

PASTE_FROM_CLIPBOARD

Greetings

In the classic interfaces mouse + tablet (-pelook 1), you can paste a "text" that is in the Windows clipboard by pressing the middle mouse button/wheel in the text line or in the Me10 editor.
Is there another way to do this pasting?

Reason: We (still) use the tablet, there this is particularly awkward.
That means after you have selected and copied the text and are back in ME10, select the desired action with the pen; then put the pen away ; take mouse and position cursor at desired place, press middle mouse button/wheel to paste; put mouse away and then take pen again to continue working..
So I'm was looking for something like an INQ-query (which unfortunately doesn't exist) that I could put into a macro and trigger from the tablet or keyboard.
Is it somehow possible to write the clipboard content to a file that can be accessed with OPEN_INFILE ?

I am currently doing this in a macro:
PASTE_FROM_CLIPBOARD NOSUBPART
Specifying a point where there is nothing else.
What is then found there I analyze with INQ_ELEM and use it further depending on its nature.
This works so far, but I wonder if there is not something better.

Have a nice day

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
1 REPLY 1
Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:FriedhelmK)

Dear Friedhelm,

Having no tablet, I can only imagine the situation. Therefore, my reply may not be adequate.

With the ME10 editor, as far as I know, there is no solution.

For other situations, I do not see the problem of using the tablet menu PASTE: you do not have to use the mouse.

KotomEng_0-1682499897592.png

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Top Tags