cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

REPEAT REGION SUMMATION

BertilRogmark
7-Bedrock

REPEAT REGION SUMMATION

I have a fairly simple drawing with a repeat region showing mass properties (see attached screen dump)

I have one column for the total weight (part weight x rpt qty).

To avoid adding assembly weights to the parts weights, I have set the assembly weight to zero and the column only list the parts' weights.

The total wight of the main assembly is calculated separately and listed in the drawing head as

Totalvikt = 154,02 kg.

When I add the weights in the column they add up to the same as Totalweight which is what I would expect.

However, when the repeat region summation does the same adding up it gives the result = 93,05 kg.

I have tried various assemblies but there is always a difference between Totalvikt and the summation result.

I have not been able to find any logic between the two different results.

Can somebody tell me what is wrong?

I am using Wildfire 3.4

HELP!!

4 REPLIES 4

The total weight reported (154.02) includes the components of the sub-assemblies. In your repeat region you have zeroed these out, which is why your weight is different.

Is this a mulri-level repeat region or a single-level? Single-level would be my guess due to the weight difference.

Hello Ben,

I appreciate your interest.

I must have been less exact in my posting than I thought.

My problem is that the sum of the weights listed in the column, when added manually, amounts to 154.02 kg which is the same as the total weight calculated separately.

I suggest you try adding them together yourself.

However, the summation, adding the same figures, arrives to another amount 93,06 kg which I cannot understand.

I am not sure about single/multi level repeat regions but I believe it is a singel level one.

Add up the per unit weight column and you get the 93.05.

Your summation total weight is being pulled from the wrong column.

Hello Ben,

You saved my weekend!

I stand corrected and feel a bit foolish about such a silly mistake.

If I may ask a couple of questions:

Directly related to my silly mistake:

Is there anyway to see what column parameter is referred to by an existing summation parameter.

When I open the summation dialogue I am only offered add or delete, there is no edit.

Because of this, I have to delete the summation and make a new one.

Is there a repeat region parameter (e.g. asm_mbr_recursive=yes/no)?

I would like to use it instead of my own invention of a parameter that I set to ”F” OR ”R”.

This controls if the mass is set = 0 or to mp_mass(””)

Is there any meaningful difference between setting the component’s mass = mp_mass(””) and pro_mp_mass?

Thanks for your help.

Kinid regards

Bertil

Top Tags