cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Export/convert Kepware Server EX Server Certiificate with *.pfx extension

AG_10897737
4-Participant

Export/convert Kepware Server EX Server Certiificate with *.pfx extension

How to export/convert Kepware Server EX Server Certificate with *.pfx extension. I exported server certificate to *.der file and tried "COPY to File" option to convert to *.pfx file but .Pfx option is grayed out, so can not convert it. Need help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AG_10897737 

From everything I have read, it does not appear that is possible to convert a .der file directly to a .pfx file.  It seems as though you could convert a .der file into a .pem file; then convert that .pem file in a .pfx file through the use of an SSL Converter. Here are a couple links the documents I located:

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/127502/can-a-der-be-converted-to-a-pfx-p12

How to Convert SSL Certificate to PFX/PKCS12 Format? (certera.com)

Thanks,

*Chris 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@AG_10897737 

From everything I have read, it does not appear that is possible to convert a .der file directly to a .pfx file.  It seems as though you could convert a .der file into a .pem file; then convert that .pem file in a .pfx file through the use of an SSL Converter. Here are a couple links the documents I located:

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/127502/can-a-der-be-converted-to-a-pfx-p12

How to Convert SSL Certificate to PFX/PKCS12 Format? (certera.com)

Thanks,

*Chris 

AG_10897737
4-Participant
(To:cmorehead)

Hi, 

The only reason i am doing this is because we are trying to communicate two different Kepware server to Honeywell SCADA system. Two Kepware server will act as redundant server, pulling same data from PLC system. Currently we can assign only one Kepware OPCUA certificate per connection. 

We are trying to share/import Kepware server 1 certificate to Kepware server 2. So, when connection 1 fails with Honeywell system, system will find same certificate with Kepware server 2. Will it work?

Another question is When I will import Kepware server 1 certificate to Kepware server 2, will it override the existing Kepware Server 2 certificate, or it will be additional certificate available in store.

Thanks for Help.

Akshay

@AG_10897737 

The Honeywell SCADA system should have a unique connection to Kep1 and Kep2 (each with their own cert and trust relationship), and the failover from the SCADA system should be able to communicate to each uniquely, but only request a publish from the active node.  

*Chris 

Top Tags