cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

MODBUS TCP/IP connection issue for more IDs

DŠ_10781107
2-Guest

MODBUS TCP/IP connection issue for more IDs

Hi All,

I'm facing an issue with KEPSERVER EX and MODBUS TCP/IP.

I have one Channel for MODBUS communication and in it 8 devices (each has 16 tags). Each of it commucating with same IP but with different ID to read data from different channels.

When I have only 5 devices, all works fine. When I add more, I'm not able to read devices from ID5 to 8 (warning - device is not responding), but the first 4 still works fine.

I've tried to separate devices to other channel, tried to raise the Scan rate to 20 seconds for each tag. but nothing helped.

I've tried to read the IDs from vendors app, which is communication also over modbus and it works fine for all devices in same time.

do you have any suggestions/ideas what to do?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings,

The target gateway ran out of allowed socket connections, switching to using only one solved the issue

Regards,

Mohit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Solved. Switched channel socket utilization to "One Socket Per Channel (shared)".

Greetings,

The target gateway ran out of allowed socket connections, switching to using only one solved the issue

Regards,

Mohit

Top Tags