cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Retrieve the Symbols

M_SHIHAB_6
6-Contributor

Retrieve the Symbols

Hello,

In CODESYS, we changed the timestamp of symbol list file, could this cause any error? because we got an error: "Failed to retrieve symbol list from device or file."

Also, how can we retrieve the symbols using the device option instead of files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ntripathi
13-Aquamarine
(To:M_SHIHAB_6)

Greetings @M_SHIHAB_6 , 

I would like to inform you that the possible causes for this error "Failed to retrieve symbol list from device or file

1. The server could not access the symbol information on the device.

2. The symbols do not match between the device and the specified symbol file in the device communication parameters. 

Kindly follow the below steps and let us know the result.

1. Verify that the device is capable of storing its own symbol information. Some devices do not have this capability, and a symbol file must be specified in the device communication parameters.

2. Ensure that the device communication parameters are correctly configured in the server

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ntripathi
13-Aquamarine
(To:M_SHIHAB_6)

Greetings @M_SHIHAB_6 , 

I would like to inform you that the possible causes for this error "Failed to retrieve symbol list from device or file

1. The server could not access the symbol information on the device.

2. The symbols do not match between the device and the specified symbol file in the device communication parameters. 

Kindly follow the below steps and let us know the result.

1. Verify that the device is capable of storing its own symbol information. Some devices do not have this capability, and a symbol file must be specified in the device communication parameters.

2. Ensure that the device communication parameters are correctly configured in the server

M_SHIHAB_6
6-Contributor
(To:ntripathi)

Greetings @ntripathi ,

Thanks for your answer, I have sent to the customer to check the network connectivity and increase the communication timeout parameters because the device is not responding.

And for the symbol error, I have advised to load the symbols from device and to set the Tag Generation Method to online.

And now I am waiting for his response to see if this will work. I will keep you posted.

Thanks & Regards

Top Tags