cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

5 axis

atribuzio
1-Newbie

5 axis

Anyone using full prismatic 5 axis milling? Have years of 3 and 4 axis mill experience. In 4 axis I would program to a coordinate system set at each index position then pick it for each tool path at that position. In 5 axis I should be able to program to one known point at the center of rotation for hogouts and not have to pick up the zero once the machine numbers are known.

Haven't gotten there yet and I need to setup my 5 axis machines this way. Any help would be appreciated. Also when using custom trajectory unlike 3 axis you need to define if the path is 3

4 or 5 axis. Any tips on this one would help. Also does Creo offer a 5 axis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Yes I have programmed 5 axis just as you are describing in Pro/NC the trick comes in setting up your post such that the output matches what your machine needs. You can also force a 3 axis cut even if you have chosen a 5 axis trajectory. You will just need to control the axis of the tool to a fixed axis on your part. I needed to do this a ton when making trim paths for vacuum forms in 5 axis. We had to control the tool axis specifically at each portion along the path. It has been about two years since I have done anything in Pro/NC and last I did was on WF4. If I have time I will try and pull one of my old ones up and take a video walking through one of the 5 axis sequences.

dm-3
1-Newbie
(To:rrich-2)

Is there any option to make Creo consider tooltip co-ordinates instead of machine zero in 4 axis trajectory milling? Everytime Z axis values show absolute value. I want to make it incremental.

Top Tags