cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Imported Craptia model

dfdills
1-Newbie

Imported Craptia model

I can't trim a mill volume to the Craptia file, can anyone help. E-mail me at david.dills@machspec.com

This is question for one of the programmers where I work that is learning about the user grop. Thanks all

Dave

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

"Crap"tia file huh? sounds kind a smelly.....

One thing you need to make sure that the model is a solid file. Even if it
imported as an igs, step or any other import you need to make sure that it
is a solid. Just because it shades does not mean it is a solid.

You may need to go in and and repair the geometry, and then you have the
option of making it solid.

Hope this helps

Tony

Hi Dave!

You might be experiencing accuracy problems. Try to set the config.pro option enable_absolute_accuracy to Yes and change the CATIA reference part, your MFG assembly and workpiece to absolute accuracy (0.005mm) - They all must have the same accuracy. Then try again.

If the above not work, try to do the same but also export the CATIA model with a smaller tolerance. (You have to set this in CATIA)

Some material about accuracy in Pro/NC

Dave

Whenever we come across a CATIA file we send it to CADFIX and tell them
we want a Pro-e model with .00001 absolute accuracy. We have paid
$200.00-$400.00 for the services but find it will worth it.

Mark Niles

336-996-6445

mniles@emeraldtoolandmold.com

Top Tags