cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

New Helicoil Traj fails with Cutter Comp

blong
4-Participant

New Helicoil Traj fails with Cutter Comp

Has anyone else encounter this? The Cutter comp turns off after 1st circle at the top level no way to get it to turn off at the bottom .

I can not understand why it is doing this .

Any Ideas?

MM1Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:blong)

Brent,

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have a lead in / out set to turn on cutter comp.

I am sure you are aware of this but it doesn't hurt to check.

I assume this is a single point trajectory threadmill.

Steve

blong
4-Participant
(To:SteveLucas)

Steve,

Yea Cutcom is set. No this is not thread milling it is just a simply Jaw program to hold a part done in 3 axis Traj mill.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Brent,

ok I see it's a helical mill part not a thread !! you had me confused with helicoil.

with the helical cut to turn the cutcom on you need to have a leadin lead out set.

This works for me with cut comp.

Steve

helical1.JPG

helical2.JPG

helical3.JPG

blong
4-Participant

Steve ,

Yea that worked using lead in lead out and will fix the problem for the time being.

Still does not work using Approach and exit = normal

Thanks

Brent

Top Tags