cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pro/NC to Roland MDX-20 milling machine

BenSmithson(edg
3-Visitor

Pro/NC to Roland MDX-20 milling machine

Hi I've recently purchased a small Roland MDX-20 desktop milling machine. I'm trying to link this up to Pro/NC so i can apply toolpaths within Pro/NC then output to the MDX-20 Has anyone done this? and if so how? I'm of the beleif that i need to create a post to output to type RML-1. RML-1 can then be read into the MDX for machining Thanks in advance Ben
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

There are Milling post processors available here including one for a Roland machine: http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/ncgp2646/ncgp2646.htm

Thanks Andy. Unfortunately the Roland post is not for my specific machine but i'm sure will prove helpful for any required PP development. Thanks. Must try and meet yourself and Ian sometime.

Ben, My experience with these posts is that you can usually find one among those readily available to satisfy your needs. I would be suprised if one Roland post wasn't close to another although I am not familiar with this brand. I have had a similar situation with Fadal, for example. If you have a post that's nearly what you want you can (a)make minor edits to the G-code files manually, or (b) use the post-generating option in Pro/Manufacturing to modify the post itself. David
Top Tags