cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Remove error: Tool parameter TOOL_ROUGH_SPINDLE_RPM (used in relation): value undefined.

JonathanCook
5-Regular Member

Remove error: Tool parameter TOOL_ROUGH_SPINDLE_RPM (used in relation): value undefined.

How do I remove the errors Tool parameter TOOL_ROUGH_SPINDLE_RPM (used in relation): value undefined. and Tool parameter TOOL_ROUGH_AXIAL_DEPTH (used in relation): value undefined.

I already do the following...

1. In the Tool Manager I add spindle speed and feed and radial and radial depth.

2. In the parameters I remove any relations with these variables.

parameters.JPG

errors.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

I've taken a couple screen shots of some of my dialog box  travels. I've been wanting to understand machining parameters better. Some things I learned:

• the message log has more details than the footer messages. Importantly, the feature id of the offending sequence is given.
  • the "d=" button shown in the screen shot shows the relations defined in the sequence.
  • the "show tool" menu item in the screen shot shows the currently defined tool parameters.
  • "TOOL_ROUGH_SPINDLE_RPM" et. al, seem to be defined by Creo after it's used in a relation from data provided from the tool rough and finish parameters.
  • looking at the xml file of the tool definition in a text editor after saving provides extra clues.

Check if cutting data for the material of the stock prt is defined, if not this errors will occur.

Top Tags