cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

can we generate g-codes from offset tool tip

asifcad
12-Amethyst

can we generate g-codes from offset tool tip

hello, experts in creo Are it possible to generate g-codes from the offset tool tip please check the picture. I want to use those codes for welding purposes 

regards

asif

6 REPLIES 6
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:asifcad)

Not an expert at NC, but you may wish to look at:

Article - CS54723 - Download of GPOST Postprocessors for Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro and Creo Parametric (ptc.com)

and

G-Post (ptc.com)   G-Post Version 6.3

Regards,

Dan N.

asifcad
12-Amethyst
(To:dnordin)

Do you mean need to modify pp to achieve offset codes..if so then what is the purpose of tool attachment in creo nc 

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

I've never used tool attachments in Creo, but when I look at the documentation it says the following:

"You can define a tool attachment, such as a right angle head, and use it in a Creo NC session. The attachment holds a cutting tool in a fixed, non-vertical position, to extend the capabilities of a 3-axis machine. Typical examples include machining of oil grooves in an engine block, or drilling holes in the side of a component."

This statement and the information it specifies as needed for definition seems to indicate that it is intended as a means of using a rigid extension like a 90 degree head attachment. Meaning the attachment is rigid and all angles of its orientation stay the same during use, no rotations or other change of orientation during the machining. Notice it also says "3-Axis", which I would infer indicates that this can't be used in a 5-axis machine. It sounds like you're trying to replicate the motion that one would get from a robot arm with software that is intended to drive a straight tool. If you're working with a greater than 3-axis machine, why not just buy or adapt a welding tip that is straight, so you could then just treat it like a standard tool?

asifcad
12-Amethyst
(To:KenFarley)

dear sir, please check the pic to understand what I need.

the machine spindle will lock at a 90degree orientation. so the attachment will not be rotated I run the external spindle. 

so from this customized setup, I need to get offset codes without anything changing in the postprocessor.

regards

asif

bmuller
9-Granite

I played with the attachment feature in Creo 9. While the command works, it appears to put offset info into a special tool CL command at the beginning of the sequence:

SET / HOLDER, 1, SETOOL, 0.0000000000, -4.0000000000, -3.0000000000, $
ATANGL, 0.0000000000, SETANG, 0.0000000000

In other words, the CL command only gives attachment geometry; it is offloading the math to the post. In addition, a minor word it uses (HOLDER) is not recognized by g-post, so I am not sure that the attachment tool would do you any good.

If you aren't rotating the head, isn't the machine a standard 3 axis with an oddly shaped head? Couldn't you disregard the offset in that case and set your zero on the work point? If you are rotating any axis, I don't see a way around doing the math in the post.

bmuller
9-Granite
(To:bmuller)

*correction*: SET command is correct according to manual, I don't know why it gave a warning.

Top Tags