cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

pattern around the axis

Vladimir_G
1-Newbie

pattern around the axis

Hello, everyone!

Does anybody know how to create a pattern around the axis in the sheet metal module of Creo Parametric?

I would like to create a pattern of teeth of a bead mill blade but the option which is called "around the axis" is not available (it's grey).

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards, Vladimir.

blade.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to merge the sections of the plate.

pattern_axis_3.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Do you have axis in your part?

This is where you find it...

pattern_axis.png

Hello, Antonius!

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I have the axis in my model and indeed I can make a pattern of holes, cuts and so on around the axis.

But when I try to pattern a bend then this option becomes unavailable.

blade.jpg

Oh! Yep, this is problematic..

Yeah, you read my thoughts...

I got the "reference" pattern to work, however. Try making the "plate" as a segment and pattern that on the axis. Then the "tooth" will pick up the reference.

pattern_axis_2.png

The attached file is Creo 2.0

That's gorgeous, Antonius! Thank you!

But I can't create a flat pattern of this part... So it is impossible to use this model for manufacturing of the part...

flatpattern.jpg

You have to merge the sections of the plate.

pattern_axis_3.png

That's exactly what I wanted, Antonius!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind Regards, Vladimir.

Top Tags