cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

volume rough smooth connection

asifcad
12-Amethyst

volume rough smooth connection

Hello experts I have a question about volume rough seq. Is it possible to add some minimum default radius on every motion change tool path endpoint to avoid sudden motion stop and start for a smooth machine run? please check the attachment for detail.

regards

AsifFisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Civodul
13-Aquamarine
(To:asifcad)

Hi,

See attached

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

You probably want to have a look at the documentation for milling parameters. For Creo 9 it's

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/index.html#page/manufacturing/nc/milling_parameters.html 

Perhaps there is a type of path that does this, I've never seen it.

I would think that a disadvantage of this would be that the material left after the roughing passes will be "spiky" along the walls. In other words, not a uniform amount of stock on. I suppose this could be addressed by a rough and then profile, whatever setting that is.

asifcad
12-Amethyst
(To:KenFarley)

thanks, for your reply. I already check on the help parameters section. but there is nothing related to my current question. In creo trajectory, there is an option to add fillet or chamfer in the tool path without adding radius or chamfer in the model.

Civodul
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

See attached

asifcad
12-Amethyst
(To:Civodul)

perfect........ straight to the point thanks brother

Top Tags