cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Invalid Host

KurtTate
2-Guest

Invalid Host

I have received and installed a license file for Mathcad 14 (new 1Tb SSD), but when I try to run the program I get an error message (Invalid Host). It gives the host id as 74F3:0E53 which is incorrect.
I originally, mistakenly, gave this as the volume name for my c: drive. The correct volume name is 74FE:0E53 (FE instead of F3). I then went through the license request again with the correct volume name I got a second license file. When I installed this one I still get the same error message (Invalid Host) with the same host id (74F3:0E53 instead of 74FE:0E53). Can you help?

Thanks,
Kurt Tate
ktate49@hotmail.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Luc,
You may be right. I had this issue when I got a new computer a few years ago, and I believe they wanted the host id (not the volume name). When I got my new SSD I was hoping there would be no problem since the cpu was the same, but I kept getting Invalid Host messages so I requested a new license. The reply directed me to find the volume id where the program resided, thus my current problem. Good news though, I got in contact with someone at the licensing desk and am in the process of acquiring a new license (fingers crossed).

Thanks,
Kurt Tate

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:KurtTate)

Are you sure you provided the correct 'Host-ID'?

Note that 'Host-ID' is often defined as an ID number ties to the hardware of your PC; see here for a thread on mathcad 14 licensing, beware, it's old. In many cases that's the MAC address of your Network Interface (note that you may have two of those, the LAN and the Wi-Fi...)

I would assume that you need to provide the network MAC address (six two-digit hex numbers separated by colon, like A1:B2:C3:D4:E5:F6); this is generally required for a Flex-LM license.

The volume/serial number of a harddrive was used with the Cdilla licensing (Mathcad 2001i through Mathcad 11 at least) and generally consists of two 4-digit hex numbers separated by by a dash, like A1B2-C3D4).

If it really is the HD volume serial number that is required as Host-ID... you can change it to match what Mathcad appears to expect, and see if that helps.

Success!
Luc

Hi Luc,
You may be right. I had this issue when I got a new computer a few years ago, and I believe they wanted the host id (not the volume name). When I got my new SSD I was hoping there would be no problem since the cpu was the same, but I kept getting Invalid Host messages so I requested a new license. The reply directed me to find the volume id where the program resided, thus my current problem. Good news though, I got in contact with someone at the licensing desk and am in the process of acquiring a new license (fingers crossed).

Thanks,
Kurt Tate
Top Tags