cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mathcad Prime 10.0

MJ-StrEng
7-Bedrock

Mathcad Prime 10.0

I have MC Prime 9.0 and I've just install MC 10.0

When I try to open existing worksheet (created previously with 9.0) it does not open with MC 10 but with MC 9.0.

When I create and save new worksheet in MC 10 and try to open later on it, it tries to open it with MC 9.

To open it in MC 10 I have to open blank worksheet first and then load desired file, kind of annoying.

How to force opening old and new worksheets with MC 10? Do I have to remove/disable MC 9?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem was solved with the help of PTC programmer/engineer. Seems like for some unknown reasons my MC 9 was a roadblock preventing MC 10 from working properly. MC 9 was removed from my computer and now M 10 works perfectly fine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@MJ-StrEng wrote:

...When I try to open existing worksheet (created previously with 9.0) it does not open with MC 10 but with MC 9.0...

What is happening on the screen at this moment? Please write in more detail.

When I create worksheet in MC 10 and later click on this worksheet to open it, it is the MC 9 that tries to launch and open this worksheet but can not do it and sends me a window that reads:

PTC Mathcad Prime 9.0.0.0

This file is not compatible with your current version of Mathcad (9.0), because it is from a more recent version of Mathcad (10.0). 

To open this worksheet in MC 10 I have to open MC 10 program first and then click on Open icon to select desired worksheet. It works but it is annoying and rather inconvenient.

Also when opening previously created worksheets they open in MC 9 not in MC 10.

What Windows OS are you using?

I am using Window 10 professional, and I've never had a problem when updating to current version of MC Prime.

The problem was solved with the help of PTC programmer/engineer. Seems like for some unknown reasons my MC 9 was a roadblock preventing MC 10 from working properly. MC 9 was removed from my computer and now M 10 works perfectly fine.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MJ-StrEng)

Sounds like the Windows associativity did not update to open MathCAD files in MathCAD 10. If you know what to look for, you can fix it with the resistry editor or maybe PTC has an associativity program that can be run to upgrade.

Top Tags