cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

3D Matrix

h_nas
4-Participant

3D Matrix

I would like to start using 3D matrix in Mathcad Prime, but it is not available, any advise what is the alternative, if there is any?

4 REPLIES 4
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:h_nas)

HinndNaser wrote:

I would like to start using 3D matrix in Mathcad Prime, but it is not available, any advise what is the alternative, if there is any?

You can use the nested arrays to emulate multi-dimensional arrays (MDAs). I wrote an experimental MDA library, which had a reasonable degree of functionality, in Mathcad 11 just to demonstrate what was possible.

What functions / operations do you want to do on arrays.

Stuart

h_nas
4-Participant
(To:StuartBruff)

Hi,

Sorry for being late in my response to your question!!

I have load of data, each set has a (kind of the same relation) to the other, and so on. If I can put these data into three dimensional matrix, and also plot them in 3D graph, I think the result (contour curves) I will get will gives more understanding to these parameter as a whole, instead of the individual relation between them!!!!!!

What do you think! doable or not?

Hinnd

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:h_nas)

So you have two independent variables and one dependent variable? If so, create a nested matrix that contains three matrices of X, Y, and Z coordinates. You can plot that directly

One example of the work with 3DMatrix / Nested Array by a spline interpolation:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_12/4_04_4D_Spline.png

Top Tags