cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

A new user - I cannot believe how bad plotting is.

jcooper-2
2-Guest

A new user - I cannot believe how bad plotting is.

So I started using Mathcad Prime 3.0 in anger last week at work. Some colleagues had used it before and it seemed powerful, lots of plus points.

Once I'd got my head round it I was really getting into it, looking at how much a licence would be, wondering how much better things would be if everyone in our group used it .... until I came to plot ... OMG.

I could not understand what I was doing wrong - why couldn't I find the plot controls - because they don't exist !!

This is just unbelievable. The output of science and engineering software such as mathcad/matlab/etc is usually a graph, or a lot of graphs!

Unfortunately Excel, matlab etc do a much much better job of plotting, so I can't justify a licence.

Please PTC, update this aspect of Mathcad as soon as possible.

1 REPLY 1
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jcooper-2)

Graphing is indeed very poor in Prime. Much worse than in the earlier Mathcad 15, and it wasn't great then. I believe it will be much improved in the next release, but that's not going to be for a while.

Top Tags