cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Adjusting Plot Properties

yeet
1-Newbie

Adjusting Plot Properties

Hi everyone,

One of my work will be published at a journal and most of the work I've done is with Mathcad. But journal requires specific formatted graphics having specific width/length of plots. Is it possible to do this or it would be a time-saver if there is a converter or etc for achieving this kind of academic format ?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:yeet)

If Mathcad is capable of formatting plots as you require. I would set up a graph to the correct size and format it, then you could just copy and paste the graph when you wish.

If Mathcad cannot to the trick, you can insert an embedded Excel component and use an Excel graph.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:yeet)

For publication I usually get as close as possible in Mathcad, then copy and paste the graph as a vector graphics (not a bitmap!) into a decent drawing program (I use CorealDraw) and clean it up there. Sometimes I'll even add another intermediate step of copying the XY data to Excel first to produce the plot.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

For publication I usually get as close as possible in Mathcad, then copy and paste the graph as a vector graphics (not a bitmap!) into a decentdrawing program (I use CorealDraw) and clean it up there. Sometimes I'll even add another intermediate step of copying the XY data to Excel first to produce the plot.

Even though that is a good workaround, Mathcad needs to address there plots to at least get to the same standard as Excel.

Mike

I agree. A very long standing request from a lot of people.

Top Tags