cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Any way to line break or shorten a FIND function? (Prime)

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Any way to line break or shorten a FIND function? (Prime)

Well, I'd eagerly been awaiting Prime 4.0 so I could like break my find functions that run off the page.  Alas, that new capability only works if you have a +,-,* or /.  So, I'm wondering if there are any tricks that might work.  I haven't been able to find any. 

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:DJF)

You have a constraint that is wider than a page without an arithmetic operator?  Please post a picture.

Fred, I mean the actual find command itself - which would never (?) have an arithmetic operator. 

2017-03-07_8-31-21.jpg

It actually goes much further but this gives you the idea.  If I could somehow break the variables into arrays, or concatenated strings or something. 

I suppose one solution is replace everything with one letter variables (A,B,C) and make those equivalent to my properly named variables.  But that's messier than I'd like. 

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:DJF)

You could build an array, set the solve block in terms of the array, then equate your variables to the solved array.

A stupid, trivial example:

That's interesting.  I was trying something similar but couldn't get it to work.  The problem, however, is that it only seems to work if the variables are all swapped out to be indices of the array (gs_x).  So, my 40+ named variables become a_0, a_1, a_2, etc.  It will work but I think the cure is worse than the disease since in this case, since i lose so much information about what the variables represent.  But it's a good trick that I'll remember for other applications.

Top Tags