cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Array used to look up a value in matrix

ptc-4657952
1-Newbie

Array used to look up a value in matrix

I have attached a simple file to help illustrate my question. I have the array Wui that gives input values. I need these values to help create another array with the results from Weight_of_Unit. Is this even able to be done and if so, how?

7 REPLIES 7

Is the attached helpful?

It's helpful. Let me give you the entire sheet. This is trying to pull the the weight of a block according to the depth of the block. I have used the counter so that as I increase N the number of blocks increases. Then I still need to call each value If I change Wu as suggested then the sumations in the later part of the calculations will not longer work.

I really appreciate your trying to help.

I will look at it tomorrow.

BTW, its not good habit to produce Mathcad sheets with Zoom other than 100%. Regions are not correctly sized when set back to 100% and the printout will be faulty, too.

Its a Mathcad error and also depends upon screen resolution.

Thanks.

This is trying to pull the the weight of a block according to the depth of the block. I have used the counter so that as I increase N the number of blocks increases. Then I still need to call each value If I change Wu as suggested then the sumations in the later part of the calculations will not longer work.

Which sum is not working? As far as I see you are not summing up Wu, only Hu. I am not sure what the problem is or what exactly you are trying to do, but you sure have some problems with incorrect units. But I think my help it needed at the beginning of the sheet. Lets see what I have understood:

You stack a number N of block one on top of the other. The height of each block is 24 (in, I suppose), so I think you do not need an array for Hu. The width of the blocks can be one out of three different and the width of each block seems to be variable and may be chosen out of three different dimensions.

When you add more block, is there a system about the width (are all subsequents 36" wide) or have they to be inserted manually every time?

Study the attached and see if its pointing in the right direction.

BTW, the file you sent was an *.xmct - that is a file meant to be a template file.

I finally got everything figured out. Thanks for your input.

I finally got everything figured out. Thanks for your input.

You're welcome!

Top Tags