cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Background Color

afernandez
1-Newbie

Background Color

Using Mathcad Prime 3.0 is it possible to chanee the background color to white?

Mostly I take screen captures of my equations to paste into word, since the Mathcad page color is not really white I have to go through paint to get it right.

If its not a feature any chance something simple like this can get into a future release.

5 REPLIES 5
athurin
4-Participant
(To:afernandez)

There is a section dedicated to product ideas for future versions :

http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad?view=idea

If you post it here, people will be able to vote if they like your idea, thus giving the developpers an hint on what is the most useful/urgent additions to do on the software.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:athurin)

Adrien Thurin wrote:

There is a section dedicated to product ideas for future versions :

http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad?view=idea

If you post it here, people will be able to vote if they like your idea, thus giving the developpers an hint on what is the most useful/urgent additions to do on the software.

Unless, of course, you're not a maintenance paying customer, in which case you can't even view the idea.

Which strikes me as crazy from both a Public Relations and marketing point of view. A Prime Express or other Mathcad user might well have a very good idea for the product or be able to comment effectively on a purposed idea. Furthermore, the idea might be one that will swing them in favour of shelling out for the product or maintenance.

It seems particularly crazy when, even in the UK, I can get a personal use version of Mathematica for around £200 and a Matlab/Simulink combination plus a couple of toolboxes for around the same price.

I know Prime Express is free but the lack of programming is particularly frustrating. As a personal user, I would be willing to pay a reasonable price, as per Matlab toolboxes, for "extensions" to Mathcad. A full licence is just out of my reach, though.

Stuart

athurin
4-Participant
(To:StuartBruff)

Good point.

I totally agree with you regarding not being able to suggest ideas when you don't pay. It didn't even occur to me that one might not be able to view ideas if not paying (but likewise, can you ask questions/start discussions if you are not a paying customer ?).

Regarding price ... This is a real issue for me. I am using Mathcad professionally, and I am reasonably happy with it. Should I invest in a math package for personal use, should I spend more than £1k for Mathcad, since I am used to it and can reuse some sheets I have for my work, or should I spend less than £200 for Maple, which is quite reputable too, but that I know nothing about (and can't even try, they don't do evaluation periods for personal licenses) ?

Right now, I use the Mathcad home license that goes along with my professional license, but should I change job, that won't be an option anymore, so this is obviously not an acceptable long term solution.

Alejandro Fernandez wrote:

Mostly I take screen captures of my equations to paste into word

I paste into Piaint, edit (change green coulor to white), and then into word...

Returning to you original question regarding background color:

I haven't found a way in Prime to change the color. However, you can change the color of a picture directly in Word in two ways.

1. Right click on the picture, select "format picture", select "picture color", and click on "presets" under "Recolor".

Then click on one of the black and white options. This method causes some loss of sharpness in the text. I haven't tried it with a plot.

or,

2.Left click on the picture. Click on "Format" under "Picture Tools" at the top. Click on "Color", then "set transparent color". Now click somewhere on the picture background. This method doesn't affect the sharpness of the text, but there is danger that the background color made transparent might also be used elsewhere, say in a graph.

Compared to the Paint route, the second method involves one fewer copy/paste operations, so there should be less loss of resolution.

Top Tags