cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Bending moment

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Bending moment

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to calculate the diagrams of bending moment and shear forces of a beam, I performed two analyzes, one starting from the left side and the second from the right side, but I could not get the same results. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:BPP)

You don't have static equilibrium.

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:MJG)

You're right Mark, i forgot one angle (alpha). Correct the attachment

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Your left side analysis looks correct.

For your right side analysis, you need to decide where x=0 is.  Assuming you want the diagrams to be identical, and not mirror images, then I assume you want x=0 to be just above R21.  However, your definition of Mz1 treats x as if the origin is at Wload.

Also, please note that static equilibrium is still not met exactly, but it's close.  So once you correct your equations, there will still be some minor variation between your left and right side analyses.

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:MJG)

That's exactly i what i can't do. I do not know how to define "x" or which  equations failing so that obtain the same graph as in the case of the analysis of the left side.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Let's maintain x=0 to be above R21.  If x1 is a point between r23 and r2W (as you have defined in your right side analysis), what is the moment at x1 due to Wload?

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

More directly to the issue:

If x1 is the horizontal distance from R21 to a point between r23 & r2W, what is the horizontal distance from x1 to Wload?

Top Tags