cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

CS156328_install Mathcad Prime without converter

Haydena
13-Aquamarine

CS156328_install Mathcad Prime without converter

Dear Sirs,

I have followed the steps to install Mathc ad Prime 7.0, but its converter doesn't seem to be working.

I have some files that need to be converted. Could anyone lend me a hand in converting them?

Thank you.

Sincerely, 

Lan

Article - CS156328

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Haydena
13-Aquamarine
(To:Werner_E)

Dear Sir

I have already done it. Thank you for your help!😘

Best Regard 

Lan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Haydena wrote:

Dear Sirs,

I have followed the steps to install Mathc ad Prime 7.0, but its converter doesn't seem to be working.

I have some files that need to be converted. Could anyone lend me a hand in converting them?

Thank you.

Sincerely, 

Lan

Article - CS156328

Most important question is:

What do you mean by "converter doesn't seem to be working"? Does it show up in the menu and can you select it or is the option greyed out?

The knowledge-base article you link to seems not to apply as it deals with the installer failing and you would not have succeeded in installing a working Prime.

During installation - did you check the option to install the converter along with Prime? This option is unchecked b default. If you missed to check it, you can re-run the installer and add the converter.

If you actually checked the option and the converter is still not available or failing, you should open a case and report the bug to PTC support.

Of course you always can post your Mathcad files here and wait for someone to convert them for you.

BTW, the converter is known to fail with a non-helpful error message if the file contains collapsed and password protected regions or if the file name contains certain characters like a number sign # (unicode 0023, nowadays called "hashtag" by many people).

Haydena
13-Aquamarine

Dear Sir

I apologize for the confusion caused by my previous responses. Thank you for providing further clarification.

According to the information provided by PTC, I followed the installation steps mentioned in the knowledge base article. However, regardless of whether I checked the option to install the converter along with Prime, the installation process fails at 1%. This is indeed a challenging issue.

螢幕擷取畫面 2023-06-13 094029.png

In the meantime, I have contacted the PTC support department and reported in detail my installation problem and the converter's inability to function properly. I understand that resolving the issue directly with PTC might be complex, and I am currently awaiting their response. However, due to the urgency of the file, I had to seek assistance from others.

I greatly appreciate your understanding and the steps I have taken so far. It is crucial to await the response from the PTC support team as they possess the best resources to address the installation problem and resolve the converter issue. While waiting, I can explore alternative options, such as reaching out to the Mathcad community or forums, where other users might be able to assist me with the file conversion.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Best regards,

Lan

As I already wrote, if you want us to convert some files, you will have to post them here.

But if you experience that the installation of Prime hangs at 1%, as I understand it, you don't have a working Prime installation to open the files.

But maybe I misunderstood and you had already installed Prime and the installation only hangs when you try to add the converter.

Anyway, just attach the file(s) you want to be converted here and someone sure will be willing to convert them into Prime 7  (or earlier) format.

Haydena
13-Aquamarine

Dear Sir

I have already done it. Thank you for your help!😘

Best Regard 

Lan

Top Tags