cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Calculation

tmarkovinovic
3-Visitor

Calculation

Hi,

I want to calculate this expression for each i:

Capture.PNG

Is there anothe way to calculate expression for each i ?

Because now i is array and it should be real number.

Thank you.

Tomislav

4 REPLIES 4

Please attach your worksheet, its hard to impossible to debug a picture.

One idea: For the 6i you have to type 6*i, otherwise i would be interpreted as imaginary unit!

I suspect the problem is that you typed the lower limit as 6 times i. This makes Mathcad think i is the imaginary number, the square root of -1. Try typing the lower limit as i*6 (i.e. i times 6).

Alan

AlanStevens wrote:

I suspect the problem is that you typed the lower limit as 6 times i. This makes Mathcad think i is the imaginary number, the square root of -1. Try typing the lower limit as i*6 (i.e. i times 6).

Alan

I had the same suspection. But if he types 6 times i (with an explicit multiplication sign typed) it is not interpreted as imaginary unit. Thats the reason I suggested he should type 6*i (including the *) instead of just 6i.

Werner Exinger wrote:

AlanStevens wrote:

Alan

I had the same suspection. But if he types 6 times i (with an explicit multiplication sign typed) it is not interpreted as imaginary unit. Thats the reason I suggested he should type 6*i (including the *) instead of just 6i.

Yes, I should have read your reply more carefully!

Alan

Top Tags