cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can Mathcad work on simple 2 dimesion matrix calucation, such as import/export *.txt file, and basic matrix caculation? I can not find it in guide?

zaiyi.liao
1-Newbie

Can Mathcad work on simple 2 dimesion matrix calucation, such as import/export *.txt file, and basic matrix caculation? I can not find it in guide?

I like mathcad interface. I want to move some simple matrix calculation from Matlab to Mathcad?

Does mathcad have these kind of fuction?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Yes

Can you give a simple example of what you want to do? You can give a Matlab example if it's easier. It will help if you say what version of Mathcad you are using (for example, Prime or Mathcad 15)

But, as Fred so succinctly puts it, the answer to your question is "Yes". Mathcad has several means of importing text files, or Excel worksheets, and it designed to do matrix calculations, with complex numbers if you want those.

Stuart

Thank you for reply. I will take de-embeded as example.

1) [S(f)] is a 2x2 matrix and variable is frequency(f).

2) [T(f)] can be converted by [S] as below.

3) [S(f)] maybe test data and store in *.txt, can MathCAD import it?

4) Can mathcad convert [S] to [T]

5) Can mathcad finish matrix inverse transfer as below to get T[DUT].

6) If so, can I find guide in MathCAD spec?

Many many thanks!

dddd.jpg

Hi,

I've just put a simple worksheet together that will show some of the capability that you want. The image below shows a part of the worksheet. I've only got Mathcad 14, but the general principle should apply to Mathcad Prime if that is what you have (if you have a full version of Mathcad Prime, you should also have a version of Mathcad 15 which will run the attached worksheet directly or convert it to Prime for you).

You can find help on the constructs I've used by searching for determinant, matrix inverse, and index in Help. Alternatively, read the Getting Started and Vectors and Matrices sections of Help. Also look up File Input and File Output, plus the File Access functions (you can save to and read Excel worksheets).

The advantage of Matlab is that it keeps the "code" nearer to the mathematical notation, making it easier to check. If you have an example of Matlab code, then somebody can possibly have a look at doing a like-for-like conversion (given Matlab is also a matrix-based programming language). If you have test data, then that

Stuart

collab - 15 03 03 Matlab to Mathcad 001.JPG

Top Tags