cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Clearing Registry- MathCad 14 won't start

fredericksonnic
1-Newbie

Clearing Registry- MathCad 14 won't start

I use MathCad about once a month, and recently when I click the icon, nothing happens. I am running version 14 on Win 7. I don't recall any major changes to my computer in the intervening time other than installing some compilers.

I finally ran the MathCad remove feature from the install disk, and removed prior editions as well with the MS remove feature. (I have been using upgrades for about 15 years). I deleted any reference to MathCad/MathSoft from my program_files.

After reinstalling the product sucsessfully it still does not start. The only traces that I am aware of after the removal process were system registry keys. I usually avoid playing in this area but the temptation is to delete the regsitry keys for MathSoft and try to reinstall. Has anyone done this? Anything risky I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Fritz

4 REPLIES 4

What version of Mathcad 14 are you running?

Mike

My version is 14.0 M020

The last release Mathcad 14 - is M035. Try to update/install Mathcad 14 if you have the active maintenance.

P.S. Also see my response here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/167147#167147

I usually avoid playing in this area but the temptation is to delete the regsitry keys for MathSoft and try to reinstall. Has anyone done this?

Yes, but if you try it, you do so at your own risk. Create a Windows restore point AND a registry backup before you do it. You may also want to try cleaning the registry first with CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER), which will also allow you to create a backup. I use CCleaner regularly, and I have never heard of anyone having a problem afterwards.

Top Tags