cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Combo box and tables

ksk_10594232
9-Granite

Combo box and tables

I have made an attempt to extract the right set of data (column) from two different tables based upon the selection in the combo boxes, unfortunately it's not working as I want. Attached is my worksheet. Thanks for any help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here are my two cents.

I assumed that at the end you just want to have two vectors for the A and K values.

Werner_E_1-1696504509176.png

@terryhendicott , @ttokoro   What do you mean when you write that he should use the ^ (AND) operator in his programs? The programs are rather lengthy and elaborated but as far as I can see they already use the ^ operator and work correct (apart from the fact that the first data row is missing, as Terry already noted).
EDIT: Ah, got it! in on of the four programs (K.column.A) the boolean equal (=) was used erroneously instead of the logical AND (^).

One word about combo  boxes: The very first column specifies the text the user sees when he is using the combo box. The other column(s) are the data columns containing the data returned by the combo box. Your data column was empty, so whatever you had cosen - the result was an empty string "".  Yes, this concept sure is not intuitive 😉
If the very first column is left empty, the first data column is used for display. This is what I used to do and so avoided having to type in each color names twice 😉

Werner_E_2-1696505295737.png

Unfortunately the combo boxes are only very basic in functionality and so its not possible to directly use the vector "colors" (with the color names extracted from the Excel table) for the labels in the combo box in an easy way. But at least you can copy and paste the whole vector in one go.

Prime 9 file attached

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:ksk_10594232)

Edit both combo box that right box has same text.

Check your program ^ not =. (@LABEL VARIABLE (@ID K (@SUB column.A))) 

image.pngimage.png

Hi,

It is necessary to do as @ttokoro  says in the edit boxes and with the "^" and operator in AK programming..

The excel table data starts at cell A4 but your program uses A5 so the first row of data on your sheet is missed

Working file enclosed.

Here are my two cents.

I assumed that at the end you just want to have two vectors for the A and K values.

Werner_E_1-1696504509176.png

@terryhendicott , @ttokoro   What do you mean when you write that he should use the ^ (AND) operator in his programs? The programs are rather lengthy and elaborated but as far as I can see they already use the ^ operator and work correct (apart from the fact that the first data row is missing, as Terry already noted).
EDIT: Ah, got it! in on of the four programs (K.column.A) the boolean equal (=) was used erroneously instead of the logical AND (^).

One word about combo  boxes: The very first column specifies the text the user sees when he is using the combo box. The other column(s) are the data columns containing the data returned by the combo box. Your data column was empty, so whatever you had cosen - the result was an empty string "".  Yes, this concept sure is not intuitive 😉
If the very first column is left empty, the first data column is used for display. This is what I used to do and so avoided having to type in each color names twice 😉

Werner_E_2-1696505295737.png

Unfortunately the combo boxes are only very basic in functionality and so its not possible to directly use the vector "colors" (with the color names extracted from the Excel table) for the labels in the combo box in an easy way. But at least you can copy and paste the whole vector in one go.

Prime 9 file attached

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Top Tags