cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Data Import Wizard

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

Data Import Wizard

I used the data import wizard to read data into a table in a Mathcad file. Works fine on my system. However, when I upload that file to the PTC site the data in the table is stripped. Anyone else run into this and is there a fix ?

5 REPLIES 5
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:Joeboy)

Any part of Mathcad that is going to read a file on execution will fail when that file isn't wherethe component expects it to be. If you post the mathcad file AND the read file, AND the reviewer downloads both, and saves them on his computer, and opens the component and corrects the path, then the import wizard will work.

If you want to put data into the mathcad file so that the mathcad file is self-contained, then you can either type it in or paste it into a data table. (Which is what I wrote in the other post!)

O.K. Fred I uploaded both the Mathcad file and the data set. Try it and see if it works, thanks for the help

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Dixie,

You put in a blank data table.

I put the data into the data table; now this file stands on its' own.

Yes, I guess thats what you have to do, upload the file and data separately. I had the data in the data table but when I uploaded the file (with the data in the table) the data gets stripped out

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

The attached file has a data taable that I copied and pasted data into from an EXCEL file. The first column was formatted in EXCEL as dates, mathcad took that column as strings (see the quotes!)

You should be able to see and manipulate the data; but I'm not giving you the data file--the data is in the mathcad file.

Top Tags